Love of my Life

Love of my Life

Heart Mother

One day my world came crashing down,I'll never be the same.They told me that my child was sick.I thought, "am I to blame"?I don't think I can handle this.I am really not that strong.It seemed my heart was breaking.I have loved him for so long.I will not give up on this child.I will listen to your advice.I will give my child any chance.No matter what the price.I will learn all that I need to help my child thrive.I'll even use that feeding tube.My child must survive!Will he need a lot of therapy?Will he gain the needed weight?Please God, help me do this.I will accept our fate.When the monitors beep at night, it serves as my reminder.How many parents would love that sound.Tomorrow I will be kinder.As another Angel earns his wings,I run to my child's bed.I watch him sleep for quite a while.I bend down and kiss his head.I cry for the parents whose hearts have been broken.I look to You wondering why?Oh Lord, I just can't know your ways....no matter how I try.And yet, I trust you hold his life, and guide us through each day.My mind says savor each moment he's here,but my heart begs, "PLEASE let him stay"!From pacing the surgical waiting room, to sitting by his bed.From wishing for a good nights sleep, to learning every med.From wondering, "will he be alright?", to watching him reach out his hands.With every smile my heart just melts, despite life's harsh demands.For all who see that faded line.I look to them and smile.You see my child is loved so much.I would face ANY trial.That scar I trace with my finger (It's the door to his beautiful heart).God must have known how much I'd love him (Just as He loved him from the start).A heart mom is always a heart mom.Now wise beyond her years.For those who have angels in heaven,Our hearts share in all of your tears.Every day I will try and remember,I was chosen for him (and no other).I will always embrace that beautiful day.......When I became a "Heart Mother"

Sunday, June 13, 2010

If I Could Write Your Story


If I could write your story son...


(Oh how I wish I could)

I'd pen for you a journey...

That held nothing but good.

Wouldn't it be perfect...

If that job belonged to me?

I think I'd change a thing or two...

While writing your story.

I'd write of lasting happiness...

The storms would stay at bay..

I"d write your story carefully...

I'd have so much to say...

You'd know not of a hospital...

Or days in ICU...

You'd only know of simple things...

Like other children do.

The sun would rise...yes everyday...

And shine to make you smile...

You'd never know a day of pain...

You'd never face a trial.

You'd dance to music all your own...

While watching Sesame Street...

I'd tuck you into bed each night...

And life would be complete.

I'd write of picnics in the park...

And winters in the snow...

I'd write of laugher,joy and love...

I'd sit and watch you grow.

I'd proofread till my eyes grew tired...

Each line and paragraph...

And let my pen fall to the floor...

Then stop to hear you laugh.

And never would I question...

What sick children must face...

Never would I have a need...

To ask God for his grace.

I'd likely live oblivious...

Of what it means to be...

A member of this "special club"...

I call my heart family.

If I could write your journey son...

Perhaps I'd not convey...

The message that HE longs to share...

"We must live for today".

Your story has been written...

Each stroke penned with great care...

He knows each thought I have of you...

He's numbered every hair.

No I can't write your story son...

Although I wish I could...

I must heed what HE says to me...

"All things work for the good".

If I could write the life you'd live...

I'd fail...don't you see?

I'll leave it in much better hands...

He'll write it perfectly.---- Stephanie Husted (Heart mom

No comments: